Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nov. 10th, Back in the pilot seat!

So today turned out to be a very good day for flying, not hardly a cloud in the sky and only a 4 or 5 knot wind out of the North. Needless to say after being out of the seat for over a week I was a little rusty! I tried to do the initial pick up to move us out to heli pad 6 and was very thankful that Bryan was there to make some corrections. It took a good 1/2 hour till I finally started to feel comfortable back in the seat. We flew down to Auburn and practiced take offs, landings, and landing patterns. By the end of the flight I was feeling comfortable and was make the landings and pick ups with more fluidness and ease. My total flight for the day was 1.2 hours and I hope that the weather doesn't rob me of any more time this week. I was surprised how much of the feeling for the controls I had lost in just over a weeks time.